Wednesday, August 11, 2010

August 6, 2010

The thunder and lighting was awesome! I didn't wake up because of it but I went on a walk around campus when it was pouring. We went just for fun! My comp is hilarious. He has only seen 3 lighting storms in his entire life so he is freaking out! We are so dead at the end of the day we don't wake up for anything! On Monday i guess some elders pounded on our door at like 3:30 and I didn't wake up until the second time they did it.

I did hear about Morgan, it is very, very sad! Something amazing about being a missionary that just struck me as i was writing. I had heard that as a missionary your prayers are answered faster and i can testify of that! I prayed while in the temple for like 20 minutes for everyone I love and care about and who needs help. Answers do come from praying so fast. I learned that every time something awful happens an amazing experience/miracle is just around the corner!

Now to tell you about my week...Where so I even start. First, i realize I haven't told you much about Sundays here. Every week the Branch President gives you a new topic. The topic is always a Christ-like attribute found in Preach my Gospel. So you get a topic and have to write a 3-5 minute talk about it in your mission language. I don't know if i told you this but I had to give one on July 18th about faith. I did super and it wasn't a big deal, but i was scary since it was in Portuguese!

Now I am just going to start today and go back through the week. Today is the best day of the week...P-day! We woke up, did laundry then we got to go to the temple! I saw brother Eggett in the temple! I love the temple. We get to eat in the temple and the food is amazing compared to the food in the cafeteria. I would absolutely love a burger from 5 guys, everything in here starts tasting the same! Oh the most exciting news: we got our travel plans!!

I leave the MTC and like 6 a.m. I fly from SLC at 8:46 yo Chicago at 1:00. i have a 4 hour lay over in Chicago in which I can call whoever I want so have your phone on cause depending on what others do and what the travel people say i may call you! I fly out of Chicago at 5:10 p.m. and arrive in Paris at 8:20 a.m. on the 18th. Then I have 5 hours until 1:20 p.m. when I fly to Lisbon. I will arrive at 2:50 p.m. on the 18th. I am super scared/super excited! That was my exciting news.

Yesterday was pretty cool then boring. We had TRC so we teach in Portuguese. i still don't say a ton but when i do everyone says i get my point across. We taught a volunteer who was super easy...Once we told him he could live with his family forever he wanted to be baptized!

Wednesday was one of my favorite days here. We got to be the hosts for the families dropping off new missionaries! We got to talk to the families and take the newbies to get their tag and their residence, then to get books and to class. It was so fun to talk to real people!

Tuesday was boring but segunda feira (Monday) was good and bad. My favorite teacher Irma Permann left! :( She went home. But it was good because we got her actor prog. investigator agree to be baptized. Then Sunday was fast Sunday which are long and boring!

Love Elder Bushnell

P.S. "Faith makes molehills out of mountains."

No comments: