Tuesday, July 27, 2010

July 23, 2010

I am not going to lie turning in my papers and everything I didn’t really know what I was getting myself into all of this. And the first 3 weeks were awful because it was so not what I expected. I want Tyler to know what to expect so he can be more prepared and can really get the most out of his MTC experience no matter where he gets called to go. I have finally figured it out and I wish someone had prepped me for it. Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love it now that I got my head around it!! There is nothing better than being here in the MTC and getting pumped to go out and baptize a whole nation! Tell Tyler that I want to make him a life changing promise. Have him write me.

Guess what is super sad!? Next week (so when you get this) I will be the only one left here. Tim is gone; Chris and Brett leave on Monday and Tuesday. Brody is the Peru MTC! So I will know Brandon Lowe but he leaves the next week I think. But then I leave a week after him which is super weird! I don’t know enough Portuguese to leave! We taught out first full lesson in Portuguese on Thursday and I struggled through it. I got to say hi to Brother Huber though!!

My dad sent me a picture of my truck today. I am upset with him. He just put new tires/rocker panels and he put a leveling kit on it! I wanted him to do that stuff before I left and he said he was just gonna sell it so he wouldn’t do it!

Now I’ll tell you about the days here. Today is P-day, the absolute best day of the week. We wake up do nothing ‘til breakfast then we eat and do laundry. After laundry we start writing letters. This week I don’t have very many letters. Because no one loves me or something. Jk ;) After some letters we eat lunch. It’s only 12 now so I haven’t gone that far yet today. Then we have more whatever time. I actually just took a time out from writing you and got my haircut. It looks like when I left. Normally we would get to go to the temple but it’s closed so we just sit around and write or take naps! After dinner we have Irmao nelson for 2 hours. Then we plan with our companions for tomorrow, which is pointless cause it is already all set. They just want to build habits. Saturday is an interesting day! We wake up, get ready, go to the classroom for MDT (missionary directed time) in which we study! Then go to breakfast, and then have Nelson after lunch. Then we have Sister Permann ‘til dinner. After we eat we have more MDT for personal, language and companion study until 9:00 when we plan. Basically everyday is just like that. The teachers change when they come but pretty much that is all we do here! On Tuesdays and Sundays we have devotionals which are always so awesome! I won’t go through everyday cause that would take you so so long to read and it would take me years to write!

Alright, moving on...um…I feel like all I do is eat, go to class, sleep. We have been attempting to have English fasts and only speak Portuguese. They are super hard and we never make it all the way through them. Our favorite word is esquelo which means squirrel. We use it all the time!

So I have to tell you about this! Right now in my room there are 12 elders and they are all talking about Pokemon. It is so ridiculous! They have been talking for like 30 minutes about this. They are all completely insane! I am sure we have all lost our minds completely!!

Oh something else exciting that happened! Since I was the first one in my room I got to pick which bed I wanted so I switched my comp. I picked the furthest from the door and the bottom bunk. So this week I switched and now I am on the top and it is actually kinda scary and fun at the same time! I have never had a bunk bed and have never been so cold at night but they increased the heater so I have started sleeping a lot better!

No comments: