Monday, April 25, 2011

4.25.11

Hey Happy Easter...a little late!!

Easter was actually really good...i had to speak in church as well!! I just had to bear my testimony on our Savior...and i couldn´t take more than 5 minutes...which was fine by me!! It wasn´t bad! haha talking in church isn´t ever really aweful...its just the stress before!

Hahah we didn´t do anything cool at all! okay that was a lie. We made t-shirts for our district...i will send you a picture. The sisters made stencils of our faces and we painted them with spray paint can. Just had a barbecue and then made shirts then went back to work...not too bad! haha thanks!!

We are surviving the bugs...also i am surviving my companion. This week was super good...sorta...we had some hard times but we are super stoked cause we found some good people. We had one experience that was super cool! We were trying to get this kid to come to a movie night but he slacked off and couldn´t come so as we walked out of the building I started talking to some random lady that was smoking outside the front door of the apartment building. I started talking about the weather and then it slowly turned into the gospel and she told us her entire life and all her problems and then we asked if we could offer a prayer right there. Which we did and it was great my companion offered it and he asked to bless like everything in her life. The spirit was super strong at the end everyone was crying and she was super set on coming to church on Sunday. So Sunday morning we picked her up and took her to church. She cried through all of sacrament meeting and then she bore her testimony about how it was God that placed us in her path this week. She is so grateful for us and how she knows we are there to bless and change her life...it was super cool!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!! This year I have grown more than I ever have. I have learned a new language; most mostly I have become closer to our Savior and Redeemer. I can now officially say without any doubts...that I know what Christ did specifically for me. I may not be able to comprehend the pain he went through but I can say that I know this church is true. That is something that NO ONE will ever be able to take away from me.

He lives, He loves us, and He is constantly wiping away our sins as long as we are following His gospel and repenting of our sins!! It is something amazing to me...I love it!

No way Austin is engaged!!!? That is crazy!! I can´t believe that!! haha I am glad he listened to the council of the prophets and is getting married.

Is tyler super excited to go? I am super excited for him! I heard from Allison that she wants to be a EFY counselor but i don´t know if it will happen or not. I think it would be super fun to do that when I go home!

haha I knew you would be super excited to talk to me this mothers day!! I am super excited as well!! The phones stay in the area but every companionship has one! I may be able to skyp!

Thank mom!! Love you!!

Elder Bushnell

No comments: