Monday, April 2, 2012

4.2.12


Hey Daddio,

It is great up here in Ermesinde it is a really awesome place. My new companion is funny. He doesn´t speak a lot of English and he has kinda had some health problems but he has a lot of fire to work hard! 

My rash is weird it doesn't itch or anything I just have funny red bumps on my back. I don´t know what they are. It is like a bunch of mosquito bites in 2 small patches right on my shoulder blade. I have had a bad sore throat and stuffy nose this week, but it is already getting better. 

We are the only elders here in Ermesinde I am the district leader of the elders of Guimarães and Braga sisters. Guimarães is probably one of the coolest places here in Portugal we should probably pass through a little bit of one day when we come up to Porto. It just won 2012 Cultural Capital of Europe. We have a guy named Laurentino and his wife Maria Jesus who are super close and will probably get baptized this week if things go as planned. Also a lady named Vera who just had a surgery and will be ready to be baptized as soon as the stitches heal. 

I really like conference. Did you hear my mission presidents name? He will be in the area 70 somewhere now.  We didn´t get to hear the last session on Sunday though which was a bummer we are going to download it here at the chapel and listen to it on an mp3 player later or my ipod or something! 

You aren´t really stealing my driver...maybe you can if we buy me a new one...also what about my irons? i should still have my blue one from the golf team.

Thanks daddio!! I love you tons!!

Elder Bushnell

 
Hey Mommy!!

I am in the Chapel in Ermesinde. It is a super cool area only about 30 minutes from Porto. It is a really populated place and so far the work is going good. The trip went very smoothly...my comp is a little goofy but funny and has a desire really strong to work. There are not other elders in this apartment just us 2. I don´t know very many ward members cause of conference but I will know them this next week. I know the branch pres. and some of the other priesthood leaders.They are all super awesome. We have been working really hard on getting new investigators cause it seems like they worked all last transfer with the same ones. So we are going to move on and find those more prepared. We have 2 that should be baptized this week. We are going to use a lot of buses here which is cool. The chapel is weird, it is the bottom floor of our house. Our house is big but not really nice or clean. It is on the 4th floor without elevator. Its not really awesome. I got to watch the most of conference. We just downloaded the last session of conference which we will listen to later. Did they not announce new temples? That is sad if they didn´t. I did see Tony Buckwalter and that is cool about Paxton. It got me super excited to come back watching conference. I want to go to the next one okay!?

I can imagine you and Barb both stumbling around with your boots, but still not really slowing down for anything! Ellie still sounds like the same little goof ball! I am exited to see her pretty soon! I can´t believe she is going to be turning 6 super soon that is crazy!

Oh man i don´t really want to go back to school. What classes am I taking? I hope that they are some fun ones to slowly get back into things. Don´t forget that I have a lot of things that I am going to want to do when I get back and school/work aren´t really on the top of the list for now.

I won´t pull a Hudson and get married that fast. I am super scared of that. I really am hoping to make it like a year before even getting engaged. No hurry in buying me a car, I would like a little bit of this decision. :)  Tell dad that really right now is the best time for him to buy a Trans-am. He can just take whichever one he wants everyday I will drive the other without complaining! :)

As for taking Portuguese 3050, I am living with a native so I am sure that I will be okay...especially if i serve 2 transfers with him, which as of right now I hope I do!!

My new address is the branch presidents office and it is:

Elder Bronson Bushnell
Largo da Estação
Loja 8
4445-276 Ermesinde

Something super funny is that Elder Faias and i have the same birthday cool huh? What a super weird coincidence!! It will be a fun day!

Love you tons!!!

Elder Bushnell

No comments: